Tuesday, November 5, 2013

So I Read a Book or Maybe TWO or THREE - Rapunzel

I don't normally write but as a princess blogger, I should be practicing my writing skills rather than just expressing myself by...er...paintings! So...excuse my grammar!

So this is a rather sensitive post  about my life when I was in the towerrrrrrrrrrrrr! There is a classification of every fairy tales -

But before we dive in, I just wanna say...
Apparently, Meri has been telling me and us that she is going to be the first to post on the blog but since she is tooooooooo busy with her...archery or whatever...I know she is always playing with Maximus...well don't forget your Angus!!!!! So I have time to beat her to...(insert the first thing you have in your mind)...I'm gonna be the first writing a post! (Haha...sorry Meri...:DI'm just kidding, we love you!)

So...I'm not gonna waste any space again and beating around the bushes! Here is it my post...


In "Tangled", the first song (except Mother Gothel's - oh my why can't I avoid mentioning the name... "Flower Gleam and Glow") is called "When Will My Life Begin" - it's my first song too!!

Today, I'm gonna do a "song analysis" of this song! (well...this is...not...not so...ME but...anyway) Maybe...you haven't heard that before...okay, in case you really really haven't (well you should have haha because I just have a realllllllllly fantastic voice ever!! - well, is Many Moore actually! lol), so...where were I...oh yes here is the song...

"When Will My Life Begin"

Lyrics:


7 AM, the usual morning lineup:
Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up
Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15.

And so I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery
I'll play guitar and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?

Then after lunch it's puzzles and darts and baking
Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making
Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb,
Sew a dress!

And I'll reread the books
If I have time to spare
I'll paint the walls some more,
I'm sure there's room somewhere.
And then I'll brush and brush,
and brush and brush my hair
Stuck in the same place I've always been.

And I'll keep wonderin' and wonderin'
And wonderin' and wonderin'
When will my life begin
?

And tomorrow night,
Lights will appear
Just like they do on my birthday each year.
What is it like
Out there where they glow?
Now that I'm older,
Mother might just
Let me go ...

And well...these are some comments





Okay so...look at the words coloured in the lyrics above.
I classified the things above by the colours:
Something I must do - chores 
Something I love to do - hobbies
Something I must do but I don't love to do
Something I wish

The majority of colours on are in red - I spend most of my time doing things I love.
The purple comes the second - Okay I did these things too much that I can finish them in 15 minutes and yes in replying to that comment...umm maybe this is cartoon (hah my mind is going wild again) well but when you can do something very fast, it means that you usually do that and that becomes a routine in your life
The green comes the third - I have dreams and I am always dreaming - I believe in dreams anyways just like a lot of the princesses
Lastly, something that I never like, in orange - this needs no explanation, just don't love it

So what are the things I like to do? Book, painting, guitar, knit, cook, puzzles, darts, baking, paper mach, ballet, chess......These are all something that required CONCENTRATION and THOUGHTS. Yes I play games but I think before doing anything, even playing, my mom - my actual mom, the queen always say that we can't do something without thinking! Just like...err...ok...for people who likes food (maybe not but I bet you will like a delicious brownie) if you are eating a delicious brownie and you just eat and eat...well I won't do thins, you might not know I always think...like how can they make this brownie? Why is it so delicious?

Anyway, what are something I need to do...well, chores? umm ok...those aren't really something that I hate, I love the places clean anyways.

But something I really do not like...BRUSH MY HAIR!! Ok you may think I'm ok with it because I have long magic hair that doesn't need any shampoo or you may ask me how I am brushing my 7f long hair and...someone may even ask what shampoo or how I wash my hair. OKok this is not even important GIRLSSS and boys...I know some are probably boys asking on YouTube...but it's like why do I don't like brushing my hair. Oh well - I don't exactly sure. But the lyrics is right "stuck in the same place I've always been"...yes and I was always locked in the tower with no freedom. I never felt my life really "beginning"

It was just everyday I was wondering when would my life going to begin. But what the song did say is the lights and "mother might just let me go". Those were my only hope so that I could really feel that my life has "begin".


Just then I went on YouTube and I saw the first comment there and that was when I started to have some inspiration...

I think this song is actually a metaphor to anyone of our lives. Maybe in schools, families, your communities there are different circumstances that you need to go through and you have your dreams. But somehow they are just...being trapped and you are wondering how can you get out and finally living a life that you always wanted it to begin. You have something you always doesn't like to do but you need to...is it work? something like..mm I don't know. You have chores at home and you entertain, you play and do things you love. You have your dream but there are always suppressions - well Gothel.

Until I know that there are no boundaries between a "princess" like me and you!!

So...here is the main point...(so I have been beating round bushes - NO!)

I asked myself - what kind of story is "Tangled" - well is a fairy tale I know I know - what kind or which type of fairy tale? er ok I know - I don't know but...what's it again Belle? um yeah I asked Belle - in the Aarne-Thompson classification system for folktales it is the type 310 "The Maiden in The Tower".

Ok I never know what is the what so called the significance of maiden but I don't think it would be the stereotype that trapping a girl or maiden in a towel is what the audiences should be comfortable with. It doesn't literally needed to be a TOWER but...I think I am - outside of the story already that I am trapped in the towel created by anyone of your hearts - well - I am not how you really seem like how I am but...

if you have ever knew me - I'm never that "Rapunzel" Anymore...I am Rapunzel Fitzherbert. And you never know how I am...unless you let me out of the tower.


Oh by the way - I read but I don't read much - "so I read a book or maybe two or three" - I just have three books - if you pay attention you will see that I reread the books in another verse. So...well...sorry Belle, you are still the bookworm haha (jk we love you!)

9 comments:

  1. Dear Rapunz don't feel bad at all 1. I have thousands of books can borrow you 2. I also reread books as well - I have been rereading those thousands of books again and again 3. I am looking for new books wanna come along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well...thanks but you know what I don't really care anymore, in the story I am always the maiden who is trapped in a tower. Whatever the books it is - how interesting they are won't ever interest me anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...but I thought you ended up happily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pocahontas 1 didn't even have a happy ending...is Disney getting darker?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hi Poca! Well...sorry for you...I don't know...perhaps!

    Belle - even with a happy ending - this "Rapunzel" is not me!!! Ok why don't I say this, why is it the story labelling heroism to men but the one who is under protection and controlled is always the women. So like that whatsoever 31-what type "Maiden in tower" sometimes really pissed mr off!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Rapunz!! Chill out - is not that, the "character" is mean to be like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUT!!!!! YOU CAN'T SAY ONE CHARACTER CAN REPRESENT ALL!!! I know "Rapunzel" this girl is meant to have this character. But stepping out of the story, what I see myself is not this...yes you may say is the character herself meant to be like this and I have NO RIGHTS to control how the author is going to do to me! Just that - they create a character like this - they have the preformed idea of women!! And I hate that! Whay can't I be like Meri - yes Meri? I have my weapon too - pan/ pen - I don't really care, I know how to fight, I swim and go everywhere else, I'm adventurous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is ok Dear! How do you know the audiences understands or not? I'm sure they don't mean that!

    ReplyDelete