Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Is It Alright to Be Single? - Merida


Sometimes I ask myself a question. What is mean by "a Princess"? So if ye married a prince and ye are the princess! I know I am the 11th official Disney princess, at the same time I’m also the 3rd “technical Pixar Princess” and yesterday my mum asked me was I feeling okay to be single. Aye...I never know why am I a princess when I haven't even married a prince! Or I am a princess from the very beginning because I am the daughter of the King. Aye...yay I am the Princess of DunBroch. Well a better way to...understand the word "Princess"!

But why am I still single? Oh weell...I am the only Disney Princess that does not "need to" have a man. Ahha lets see, I have a royal upbringing, I am the princess and at the same time the master archer. I am kinda a headstrong teenage and I have a clear destiny now. I know my responsibilities. And I have Angus and my wee triplet brothers…haha. Aye okay…I know is not much related. Just the problem is why am I single?

Well I never have an answer to that. That is just I can’t find my…well...man. Aye aye I wanted my freedom, I wasn’t ready… I believe that true love and good will come within just that is not something that can be made or forced. I rejected the arranged marriage with the Lords’ decedents because it is not something that I believe it can be really you know…arranged! 

Frankly I was sitting there that morning and waiting for the whole...thing...to come and what was in my head was just...what was I going to do...? When I heard that they were coming I was just...Oh mine, this - whole - marriage was just - just - why didn't anyone bother what I want - not what they want but is what I wanted! 

But my rules are quite easy - only that I want it and I knew it, I will accept that. I never my life to be over or that I am being over. if something is forced, it is not what I want! I just want to get what I think is...right!

I was selfish, I never thought about the others nor the kingdom, but just myself! Well the rudy traditions are broken and we have nothing to worry about.

And til now I have get the idea...hmm...the reason is actually simple. Is just that I haven't had my love yet! New Age films and modern Disney Princesses movies are doing more work on feminism. I believe modern Scottish female are more tend to be independent or known to be more independent. Aye it is not how mothers are being treated in that way!! More likely we arrange a better way for Scottish mums to take care of children and even that more people are saying how is it important for female to take care of their babies...well if they have one. But a lot of female does have the time and importance for them to work and taking up a role for the opposite sex. But I think these stereotypes are more less not existing nowadays! 

We can say how he character Merida in the story is more tend to take up the male's role or even we are saying she is less a typical princess or more tend to be tomboyish. But in my point of view...why am I still single is simple...because I can't find a man that I love YET!! Aye people...it is just very simple like that. What do you expect though?








14 comments:

  1. Haha we are actually easy - easy people, easygoing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we never say we need a man! I never know how was that stereotype formed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so this is what I always think - the later the production the more unconventional it is - I'm quite interested in my story though, how it is changed from "the Frog Princess". But in terms of "a new age woman" or whatsoever there is nothing changes for love - I don't care what it is but actually having a romantic relationship is somehow a different step for you in your life. This is really how someone fell really in love with one another and that love does matters. But Meri - you are still young and this is actually positive for teenagers because not going through much doesn't really do you a very mature girl!! I turned into a frog for 2 days ARGH - but that was really impressive how Naveen and I did turned back into human!! And this is all about love! Anyway is just my point of view here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha good thx busying jazz and cooking in Tiana's Palace

      Delete
    2. I'm impressed with the idea of dreams in the story

      Delete
  4. Mer - another quick question for you - do you sing? (is ok either yes or no)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuz really when I am doing the song analysis there's no songs being sung by u in "Brave"?! I DON'T MEAN IS A BAD THING - IS GOOD ACTUALLY! You are more like a New Age Disney Princess and Heroine for me.

    ReplyDelete